The coffee table can be a host to an array of items, whether it be some of your favorite books & magazines, pictures, vases or dishes, flowers or even coveted knick-knacks from your adventures around the world. The coffee table can literally be front and center in your living room and should be a focal point. Much like styling a bookcase, decorating a coffee table can be difficult. We have some simple decorating ideas to make your coffee table stylish and functional. It all starts and ends with our explanation of 10 coffee table decor ideas:
- The Rule of Three – place groupings of three decorative objects on the table for an appealing, asymmetrical design.
- Add a Coffee Table Tray with Small Items – If a grouping of items looks messy, add a coffee table tray. The tray will secure and display all your items in an attractive and orderly way.
- Use Multiple Coffee Tables – multiple coffee tables can make a space eclectic and interesting, and draw the eyes to any area of the room that you want to highlight. For these kinds of groupings, choose your accessories wisely and be sure to keep it minimal so the focus is on the layout of the table.
Decorating your coffee table doesn’t have to be difficult. With these tips and ideas you’ll have a space that can be rearranged, restyled and always enjoyed at any time of year.
- Add Decorative Containers – simple and elegant, decorative containers are a sure way to solidify and organize any look needing a little more style.
- Include Candles – candles have the unique ability to add color and dimension to any table surface, creating a space that is visually pleasing and instantly relaxing.
- Add Flowers or Live Plants – Live flowers are a great way to add a natural fragrance to your home while bringing a visual beauty of their own to the table.